Yeah she's alone and I'm alone and now I know it
I just had a realization. No fucking wonder I have psychological
problems. All of my CDs are totally depressing. Here, in conveniently
alphabetized list form, is my CD collection.
- BEN FOLDS FIVE, "Whatever And Ever Amen".
Too bad I only like the depressing songs off this one.
- BLUR, "Blur".
Another night oh well well go to another party
and hang myself.
- FIREWATER, "The Ponzi Scheme".
So long Superman, I'll light
a candle for ya, say a prayer when California falls into the sea.
- GLORY, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- LEVELLERS, "Levellers".
- LONGPIGS, "The Sun Is Often Out".
- LUNA, "Bewitched".
They came to my club this semester. A very good show.
- MANIC STREET PREACHERS, "The Holy Bible".
I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing.
- PINK FLOYD, "Meddle"
- PINK FLOYD, "Dark Side of the Moon"
- PULP, "This is Hardcore".
When you can't even define what it is that you are frightened of,
this song will be here.
- RADIOHEAD, "Pablo Honey".
I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul.
- RADIOHEAD, "My Iron Lung EP".
I stood in front of your face
when the first bullet was shot.
- RADIOHEAD, "The Bends".
Everything is broken. Everyone is broken.
- RADIOHEAD, "Street Spirit single".
You want me? Well fucking
then come and find me. I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of
sandwiches and nothing nothing nothing. You want me? Well come on
and break the dark down.
- RADIOHEAD, "OK Computer".
Breathe keep breathing don't lose
your nerve. Breathe keep breathing I can't do this alone.
- RADIOHEAD, "Paranoid Android CD1".
Yellow milkshakes from
Hard Rock Cafes that's where she got her sweet tooth for white boys.
- RADIOHEAD, "Paranoid Android CD2".
If I get old I will not
give in and if I do remind me of this.
- RADIOHEAD, "Karma Police CD1".
but what i meant to say: i'm
sorry that i lost control
- RADIOHEAD, "No Surprises CD1".
let it fall let it fall let
- R.E.M., "Eponymous".
did you never call i waited for your
call these rivers of suggestion are driving me away
- R.E.M., "Everybody Hurts".
well everybody hurts sometimes
- R.E.M., "New Adventures in Hi-Fi".
aluminum tastes like fear.
- SPIRITUALIZED, "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space".
- SPARKLEHORSE, "Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot".
- THE TRAGICALLY HIP, "Live Between Us".
The human tragedy
consists in the necessity of living with the consequences.
- Sountrack to TRAINSPOTTING.
Yeah, it can be happy music, but
any CD containing "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed simply cannot be anything
but depressing. And when it has Blur, "Sing" too...
- UNBELIEVABLE TRUTH, "Stone EP"
- UNBELIEVABLE TRUTH, "Higher Than Reason"
- Vangelis, Soundtrack to CHARIOTS OF FIRE
- THE VERVE, "Urban Hymns".
your beauty is a color surround.
- BLUR, "Parklife".
Girls who are boys who do boys like they're
girls... Oh yeah.
- THE CLASH, "London Calling"
- DAR WILLIAMS, "Mortal City".
I like her lyrics but not the
music. Defeats the purpose a bit. You know how it is.
- KULA SHAKER, "K".
Happy. Stupid, but happy.
- PULP, "His N Hers"
- PULP, "Different Class".
And you want to phone your mother
and say, "Mother, I can never come home again, cos I seem to have
left an important part of my brain somewhere, somewhere in a field
in Hampshire. Even my happy music is satirically happy. Laughing
at the void but the void is still there. Jesus fucking Christ.
- ROLLING STONES, "Flowers".
- SEA AND CAKE, "The Fawn".
Bought it yesterday and haven't yet had a listen
So, um, there we are. Thirty-one to eight. Ouch-o-fucking-rama.
I suppose it all feeds itself. Intrinsically cynical person likes
depressing music and the music feeds the void and the void takes the
money it got from selling back textbooks and heads off to the
Princeton Record Exchange.
- BELLE & SEBASTIAN, "Dog on Wheels"